How To Be An Optimist
Let’s talk about how to be an optimist. As usual, I will keep my articles short and sweet, so that you won’t feel overwhelmed (Remember the 80/20 rule?)
So what should you do?
1) Remember that the world is not against you. Yes, it treats different people differently, but don’t take it personally.
2) Your future doesn’t have to be defined by the past and present. Sure, our lives may not always go as we planned, but there is time to turn things around. Find the willpower to succeed!
3) Use positive affirmations. This is an “old-school” method, but it is very effective. Maybe this- or this resource can push you in the right direction.
Remember to read your inspirational phrases when you wake up, and before you go to sleep.
4) Remember that life is short. Here is a post about Steve Jobs’ commencement speech. I definitely recommend you to listen to what this genius entrepreneur had to say – “Never Stop Pursuing Your Dreams:”
5) Think of negative experiences as “part of the journey.” Read more about it in these articles:
- Don’t Be Afraid To Fail
- How To Gain More Confidence
- How To Get Willpower?
- How To Overcome Your Fears
6) Surround yourself with positive people. It’s not worth hanging out with “friends” who keep dragging you down. More about this topic here:
7) Be forgiving.
8) Pay attention to what unleashes your “inner optimist.” What makes you happy? Is this a place or a person? Maybe a book? Whenever you feel down, turn to whatever puts a smile on your face.
9) Don’t forget to exercise. This will give you all the energy you need to face the challenges the world will throw at you.
10) Treat people with respect. I think that is the most important rule to follow.
Thank you for reading this post. If you liked it, please share it on Facebook, Twitter or any other place where people might find it useful.