How To Develop Emotional Intelligence Skills
Emotional intelligence (EQ) is the ability to evaluate and manage your and other people’s emotions. Some people think that it is impossible to raise your EQ level, but as I’ve pointed out in many articles here on Try To Learn More, controlling one’s emotions is a matter of practice.
How To Do It?
1) Remember that it is possible. Often folks try to ridicule any attempts to escape the herd mentality, and pressure courageous individuals into thinking that there is nothing they can change about themselves. Don’t let them demotivate you!
3) Read as much as you can. Books can calm you down, give you an emotional boost, even be a friend; but not only that – the more you read, the more similarities you will notice between the people you know and the fictional characters in the books. This knowledge will help you to understand people even more.
Don’t know what to read? Here are some ideas:
- What To Read Next?
- Listen To AudioBooks For Free
4) Learn how to work in a team. Here is an article I’ve written a while back:
- How To Form An Effective Team
5) You are not always right. Accept the fact that even if you are the brightest person on the planet, you will still make mistakes. That’s why you should always take time to listen to other people’s opinions and only then make a final decision.
More about this topic here:
- How To Make A Good Decision
- Why Making Good Choices Is Difficult
6) Be someone people enjoy hanging out with. Here are some posts that should push you in the right direction:
- How To Apologize
- How To Talk Less
- How To Earn Respect From People
- How To Be Sincere
8) Be an optimist. Don’t be an emotional leach that is dragging everyone into a depressive state.
- The Power Of Positive Thinking
Thank you for reading this post. If you liked it, please share it on Facebook, Twitter or any other place where people might find it useful.