How To Give A Great Presentation
In this article we will talk about different tips and tricks to energize a presentation. This post will be relevant to students, managers or anyone who needs to speak in front of an audience. So, let’s begin:
1) YOU are the most important part of the presentation. People, generally speaking, will not care about what you have to say, unless you make your material interesting. This is especially true if you are in college.
2) It’s not about reading. Trust me – people can do that without your help.
3) Don’t put everything on the slides. A sight of a never-ending text can truly demotivate a crowd.
4) Watch this video:
5) Do something funny. A presentation is usually something really boring, like a person reading from the slides. However – if appropriate – you can add a twist to your speech. For example, you can juggle (read more about it here: How To Juggle 2, 3, 4 Balls). This can work great in a semi-formal environment.
6) Involve the audience. You can ask questions like, “What do you think about it, sir?” or “Ma’am, what do you think is the correct answer?” But don’t overdo this: a few questions once in a while will make everyone pay more attention to what you say.
7) Unless it is necessary, don’t use too many difficult words. People have a limited vocabulary, and they might feel anxious or annoyed if they don’t understand what you’re saying.
11) Add some humor to your presentations. Of course, there is a time and place where telling jokes is appropriate (for example, if you are in an informal or semi-formal environment).
- How To Be Funny
Thank you for reading this post. If you liked it, please share it on Facebook, Twitter or any other place where people might find it useful.