I Feel Depressed For No Reason… What Should I Do?
Now let us talk about how to deal with depression. But before I say anything, let me give you a very important advice: if you have suicide thoughts or experience deep emotional pain, then stop reading this article and go see a professional. We all have problems, so don’t feel embarrassed or ashamed for having the courage to confront your pain.
However, if you just feel extreme sadness and frustration, then this article might be for you. Here’s how you can stop feeling depressed:
- Eat more vegetables or take vitamin supplements. It has been established that depressed people do not have enough vitamins and minerals in their system.
- Don’t forget to exercise. Duke University has proved that adults who follow aerobic-exercise regimens have seen improvements in their depression.
- Spend time with awesome people. I remember when I was depressed, my friend drove me outside of town, where we would perform comedy sketches. I will never forget how I played a German tourist who was trying to buy condoms.
- Get some sleep. This is a natural way to recharge our batteries. I don’t know about you, but whenever I don’t get at least seven hours of sleep, I become very cranky and turn into a giant douche.
- Have some fun. There are many ways how you can put a smile on your face.
- Avoid drinking alcohol. It may sound tempting, but it can (and probably will) only worsen the situation.
- Change the way you think. Acknowledge your depression and make a conscious effort to do something about it. Think about the good stuff you have done; think about your talents and dreams.
- Help someone else. Clean the apartment without your mom having to beg; if your classmates don’t know how to solve a math problem – help them out.
Thank you for reading this post. If you liked it, please share it on Facebook, Twitter or any other place where people might find it useful.