I’ve already written an article on listening (you can read it here: Active Listening Strategies), but this video approaches this issue a little bit differently – from an entrepreneurial point of view.
I think that this is one of the best speeches I’ve ever heard, and that should tell you something. Ernesto Sirolli talks about:
- His life and work in Africa
- How his every project miserably failed (e.g. why they couldn’t teach Zambians how to grow food)
- How charity works can cause damage
- The difference between patronizing people and being paternalistic
- Why it is disrespectful to force your help upon others
- Why you should become a servant of passion
- Why we should introduce a new profession: consultant who helps to transform passion into a way to make a living
- How can you increase your customers base by just… listening, and how this “epiphany” brought him success in Australia
- Why planning is the “kiss of death” of entrepreneurship
- The three components of a successful business
- Forget the “I”, and embrace the “We”
Thank you for reading this post. If you liked it, please share it on Facebook, Twitter or any other place where people might find it useful.