What Can You Do With A Psychology Degree?
So what can you do with a psychology degree? This is a very important question that should be asked before you apply to a college or university. So here are some possibilities:
1) Child psychologist – a counselor who helps children with emotional and behavioral problems, including:
- eating disorders
2) Career counselor – a psychologist who works with people who have questions about their future (specifically about their educational path and career).
3) Rehabilitation specialist – a person who assists patients in recovery from physical injuries or/and mental problems.
4) Sports psychologist – a professional who helps athletes to enhance their performance, cope with pressure, find motivation to become the best, recover from physical and mental injuries, etc.
5) Forensic psychologist – a psychologist, who evaluates, assesses and treats criminal behavior. He or she must be able to present their psychological findings in court in a way that can be understood. Read more about it here: Forensic psychologist: Job description
6) Engineering psychologist – a person who helps to improve work environments to increase human productivity.
7) Neuropsychologist – examines how chemical components of the brain affect human behavior.
8) Aviation psychologist – helps pilots and flight crews to stay emotionally and mentally stable.
With additional training, you can pursue a career in:
8) Real estate
10) Telephone operation
14) Public Relations
Also, a good idea would be to check out this article.